University of Bristol – Historical Photographs of China reference number: DH-s140. The ship in the dry dock resembles the IJN corvettes HIEI and KONGO, but this identification is tentative. The Tategami No 1 Dry Dock was completed in 1879. Nagasaki Seitetsusho was renamed as the Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works in 1884. The business was renamed Mitsubishi Shipbuilding & Engineering Company Ltd in 1917, and again renamed as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in 1934.
Dry dock, Nagasaki Seitetsucho (Mitsubishi Shipyard), Tategami, Nagasaki, Japan
Black and white photograph