Notes

University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: Gr01-146. Post card.The Church of our Saviour was built on the east bank of the Baihe (Pei-ho) River, Tientsin (Tianjin) in 1907, in memory of the 108 Russian soldiers who perished in the Boxer Uprising.  From 1922-1925, the church was expanded and rebuilt as the Church of the Holy Protection.

Caption on mount
Sight of church in Russian Park, Tientsiu.


Location
Estimated date
1937-1945
Material
Paper
Media
Tinted photograph