University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA20-07. From a book in The National Archives referenced as: ‘HONG KONG 7A. 'Sixty Diamond Jubilee Pictures of Hong Kong', 1897 (CO 1069/450)’. The author and publisher of Sixty Diamond Jubilee Pictures of Hong Kong 1837 1897 was Robert Crisp Hurley; the photographers are not named. Flagstaff House was known as Headquarters House until 1932. It was built in 1846 and was the residence of the Commander of the British forces in Hong Kong until 1978. In 1984 the building was converted into the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.
Headquarters House (later Flagstaff House), Hong Kong
Black and white photograph
The National Archives, London