University of Bristol - Historical Photographs of China reference number: NA23-07. The Lung Tsun Stone Bridge was built between 1873 and 1875 and connected the Kowloon Walled City (九龍城寨) to a pier in Kowloon Bay. The pavilion in the centre was known as the Pavilion for Greeting Officials. The bridge were buried during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong (1941-1945), when the area was used for the expansion of the Kai Tai airfield. See HR01-064. From a set of photographs in The National Archives entitled: ‘HONG KONG 10. Photographs of Kowloon and other parts of the New Territories; an enclosure to the report by Stewart Lockhart on the extension of the Colony of Hong Kong, October 1898. (CO 1069/453)’. Crown copyright image reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of the information provided. This image may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK. Telephone: 020 8392 5225. Fax: 020 8392 5266. Infringement of the above condition may result in legal action.
Lung Tsun Stone Bridge (龍津石橋) and Kowloon Walled City, Hong Kong
Black and white photograph
The National Archives, London